Three clusters of categories make up the West London Business Awards:
- Sector leaders
- Sustainable and responsible business
- Economic growth
- Business Services Company of the Year – The winner could range from a sole trader consultant/advisor through to a large services firm in any business services discipline from law to Facilities Management. Judges are looking for an approach that makes a real difference to your customers.
- Logistics Business of the Year – The logistics business that has worked its hardest to achieve their business goals. You will have demonstrated initiative, creativity and leadership to be a positive force for improvement in your sector.
- Retail Business of the Year – Are you investing into your communities and collaborating with the wider retail community for mutual benefit? The winner will have made an outstanding contribution to the West London retail sector.
- Technology Business of the Year – This award is for companies who develop and supply or use technology as a key component in their business. You should be able to demonstrate both technological and significant commercial success.
- Hospitality Business of the Year – Recognising hospitality sector businesses that are committed and passionate to achieve a perfect customer experience. Hotels, Meeting Venues, conference centres, Restaurants, Cafes etc. are all eligible to enter category.
- Food and Drink Business of the Year – The winning business will be the food & drink sector company that inspires their peers – a business that goes above and beyond what is expected of them to achieve customer delight.
- Property and Construction Business of the Year – The winning business might be a developer, contractor, or consultant in West London’s property sector. They will be experiencing rapid growth and success, highly contributing to the regeneration of the West London area.
- Creative and Media Business of the Year – One of West London’s biggest sectors, the winner will embody the world-class creativity and excellence for which the West London creative and media industry is known. The sector is broad, and includes creative professions from architecture and advertising/marketing to media and production.
- Finance Business of the Year –The winner of this award might be a bank, insurance company, pension adviser, financial adviser, or market disrupting FinTech that is achieving excellence in their delivery in and for West London.
- Manufacturing and Engineering Business of the Year –Recognising leading firms within the West London manufacturing and engineering industry.
- Franchise of the Year *NEW* – Many of West London’s leading entrepreneurs have contributed to the West London economy and community through introducing and growing franchise businesses in the sub-region. This award will recognise those franchisees that have made the greatest impact on their staff, customers and bottom-line.
- Aviation Business of the Year *NEW* – At the heart of West London’s economy is Heathrow airport. Tens of thousands are employed supporting the airport’s supply chain and ensuring Heathrow remains the world’s best airport. This award, new in 2016/17, will recognise the network of businesses that makes the airport a success. Winning entries might come from firms involved in anything from recruitment, airlines and food to maintenance or IT suppliers….
SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
- Responsible Workplace Award –Are you a great employer, shaping an inspiring workplace? Do you have exceptional benefits for your staff? Do you invest in keeping your team(s) at the cutting edge of skills and knowledge? Do you have excellent staff retention? If so, you could be the winner of this award.
- Apprentice of the Year – This award will be given to an individual apprentice who has made an exceptional contribution to their employer’s West London workplace.
- Community Investment Award *NEW* –It could be local community involvement through skills based volunteering, support for charities, or other community initiatives. If you have a programme that provides win-win benefits for your company and wider society alike, you could be in the running for this award.
- Green Business of the Year – The winner of this award could be a company working in the fast-growing green services and products/ technology, or it could be a company in any sector taking initiatives to reduce their environmental impact, for example through a sustainable travel program.
- Responsible Supply Chain Award *NEW* – Building a responsible and sustainable supply chain involves tackling the social, environmental and economic challenges of today and tomorrow through what you buy, and how you buy it. The Responsible Supply Chain Award recognises businesses that are leading transformation, innovation and impact in their supply chains to help shape a more sustainable
- Productivity and Innovation in Business Award – Show how your company plans and manages your innovation and research to deliver continuous improvement and productivity enhancements, bringing your customers into the heart of your innovation. Demonstrate how you stay on the cutting edge of social and technological change, and integrate emerging opportunities into your business.
- Coworking Space of the Year *NEW* – The best coworking spaces are easy to use, in a good location, with the right ambiance and facilities, and a team which is focused on delivering for the customer. This award will be won by the coworking space which has been exceptional in these areas.
- Export/International Business of the Year – The business will be demonstrate a winning export or international strategy, securing new business from outside the UK.
- SME of the Year – A Small to Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) has less than 250 employees or has an annual turnover of under £40 million. Award entries should demonstrate initiatives that are leading to successful new products, processes and services. Set out your SMEs story since you were founded and your vision for the future.
- Park Royal Business of the Year – Any Park Royal-based business that entered other categories in the awards will automatically be entered in this category. In addition, any Park Royal business working in a sector not covered by other categories can enter award category independently.
Overall Winner: West London Company of the Year 2017 – This award will be given to one of the winners of the other 21 categories and cannot be entered separately. It will be the entry which, in the eyes of the judges, was the most remarkable. The climax of awards night, it is a highly prestigious category to win.
Download WLB Awards criteria 2017