BUSINESS BEYOND BORDERS, AFRICAN UTILITY WEEK 16th – 18th May 2017
By participating in B2B meetings at the renowned South African international trade fair, SMEs in the water & power utility sector can benefit from EU support. This opportunity will help them expand their businesses abroad.
The next Business Beyond Borders matchmaking event will take place in Cape Town (South Africa) at African Utility Week (AUW), a leading water and power utility trade fair, in May 2017.
Business Beyond Borders (BBB) is a European Commission initiative to help EU businesses, in particular Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Clusters, operate internationally with the ultimate goal of increasing economic growth within and outside Europe. A series of matchmaking events are being organised to bring together SMEs and representatives from relevant clusters, with potential trading partners from Europe and abroad with the aim of assisting businesses to access new international markets.
After a first successful matchmaking session at the Genera fair, which took place in the beginning of March in Madrid, BBB turns its attention to the biggest trade fair on the African continent. Hosting thousands of visitors each other, AUW is known for a strong representation of EU companies at the event, hosting national pavilions for Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium and Czech Republic.
Welcoming the upcoming BBB event, Commissioner Karmenu Vella said “By helping EU green SMEs operate internationally and by promoting green partnerships in target sectors, this Business Beyond Borders (BBB) matchmaking event at African Utility Week will help preserve our natural resources, promote clean energy and drive growth through a circular economy.”
Thanks to the large network of partners and support entities, a unique package is being made available to businesses across the world in the water and power utility sector wishing to take part in AUW as members of the Business Beyond Borders delegation:
• Business meetings perfectly matching each BBB delegate needs and preferences
• Access to five technical sessions in the strategic conference, one of which organised by EREF specifically on hydropower
• A convenient matchmaking area at the heart of the trade fair, with free access to the side conferences during the fair
• Access to an international and well placed worldwide network, including several EU-funded support schemes
• Possibility to present your company and technology in the “Demo zone” stage
• Possibility to participate in the Project and Country Spotlight sessions to access
the newest project opportunities on the African continent
• Professional assistance on the spot to make the participation tailored to the
needs of each BBB delegate
• Post event assistance and survey, to support the BBB delegates even after the
participation in the event
The registration is now open at http://www.african-utility-week.com/bbbmatchmaking.
More than 200 companies are expected to attend the B2B Meetings in the dedicated BBB
Business Beyond Borders, maximising your business matchmaking experience at African
Utility Week 2017!