R&D in the property and construction industry – are you missing out on a valuable tax relief?
The UK’s Research & Development (R&D) tax credit regime remains one of the most
attractive in the world. Technology and innovation are associated with many sectors within the property and construction industry and yet many companies are unaware of their eligibility to claim R&D tax relief.
R&D activities might typically be found in the following sectors or in any company where technological or scientific solutions are being sought to problems or challenges, particularly involving digitalisation:
- Building system contractors
- BIM modeling
- Property consultancy
Companies who qualify for the SME scheme (broadly, those with fewer than 500 employees) can claim an enhanced tax deduction for qualifying expenditure associated with the project (most significantly, staff costs). For profitable companies, based on the current rate of tax, this gives rise to an additional £24.70 of tax saved per £100 of qualifying expenditure. Loss-making companies have the option to surrender part of their tax losses in return for a cash payment – effectively obtaining a cash-subsidy of £33.35 per £100 of qualifying expenditure.
At this seminar, we will provide an overview of the following:
- Eligible R&D activities and projects for your respective industries
- The types of costs that can be captured for R&D tax credits
- How these R&D costs can offset your taxes owed and / or apply for cash if a company is in a loss making position.
- Case studies highlighting what separates a documented claim instead of one without any evidence to support the R&D claim
- What you need to consider in order to get your claim right and avoid an enquiry
- How we can provide a complimentary R&D assessment of your company, which will take 15 to 20 minutes and will include an estimated range of tax benefits.
With a lot more companies being eligible to claim than you may think, join us to find out if your business may be one of them.
Places are limited, and will be on a first come, first served basis.
Date: Wednesday 20 September 2017
Time: 6:00 pm registration, 6:15pm start
Speaker: Alykhan Hajee
Venue: Kingston Smith, Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Road, London EC1M 7AD
To book please email Becky Honeysett on firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingston Smith LLP
Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers
Devonshire House, 60 Goswell Road, London EC1M 7AD
020 7566 4000 www.ks.co.uk
If you would like to update your email address, or modify your subscription, please click here.