|BOOST #3 is here! – support for entrepreneurs in design and branding
The third block of BOOST has arrived. See below for all of the sessions offered; these are free for eligible companies (please see our website for more details).
Session 1, Thursday 30th November, 2pm – 6pm
Design Diagnostics: an introduction to the Business Opportunities Framework with James Duguid (part 1)
As part of this session, James will show you how to use this framework, created by the Design Council, to:
- Prioritise all the design opportunities in your business
- Explore vision and strategy – Internal issues and questions (e.g.. Should I license or produce my product myself?)
- Understand customer & user – the marketplace
- Identify what are the Design Opportunities around my; a) Brands and Communications, b) Products and Services, and c) Culture and Environment
Session 2, Tuesday 5th December, 10am – 5pm
Product Design Clinic with our team of experts, Mat Hunter, Jim Reeves & James Duguid (part 2)
(one-to-one session and time slots will be allocated on a first come, first served basis)
Using the design framework as a diagnostic tool, our team of design experts (James Dujuid, Mat Hunter, and Jim Reeves) will help to focus on specific areas in the design framework that are most relevant to each business in their product design process.
The range of expertise around the table will enable each participant to identify potential flaws and opportunities to improve and provide more detailed mentorship, and put plans into a design brief / product delivery and sustainable growth plan.
Session 3, Wednesday 17th January, 2pm – 6pm
Branding and Product Design, Jim Reeves
The session will help you to explore the brand strategy of your business and understand how to more effectively;
- Project the right values of your business/brand
- Communicate more clearly with your ideal customers
- Use ‘product design language’ (the role of physical look, feel, product materials and packaging) and how these can underpin and reinforce your brand message.
Each participant will share an overview of their brand DNA as they see it, and what they want end users to perceive their brand to represent.
Session 4, Wednesday 31st January, 2pm – 6pm
Design for Manufacturing, Jim Reeves
The session will explore in depth;
- The contractual role with suppliers of production databases
- A review of each businesses product and roadmap
- Production process / production volume
- Supplier type