VegfestUK London Celebrates Multiculturalism at Olympia London event
One of Europe’s premier vegan events VegfestUK has announced a line-up of speakers and caterers that celebrates diversity and multiculturalism at its upcoming London event on October 22nd 23rd 2016 at Olympia London (West & Central Halls Levels 1 & 3).
‘’Vegan events like this present an excellent opportunity for cultures from across the globe to unite in a celebration of food, music, philosophy and lifestyle,” said VegfestUK organisers, “and our London event does just that. Not only with a huge wide range of vegan food from around the globe, but also in the shape of our Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference, which seeks to address problems of privilege, discrimination and oppression across the board. We are thrilled to have such a diverse and inspirational collection of speakers coming this autumn to London.”
A number of interesting speakers will be giving talks at the inaugural Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference on the Sunday part of VegfestUK London. They include:
- Black Vegans Rock founder Aph Ko,
- Vegan Publishers staff writer Christopher-Sebastian McJetters
- Food justice activist Brenda Sanders (also founding member of Vegan SoulFest)
- Boxing & Kickboxing Champion Omowale Adewale (also author of “An Introduction to Veganism and Agricultural Globalism”)
- Collectively Free founder and executive director Raffaella Ciavatta
- Physician Dr. Tushar Mehta
- Activist and author Kim Socha (of Progress for Science and Minnesota Animal Liberation)
- Founder and director Lauren Ornelas of the Food Empowerment Project
These distinguished guests will be speaking alongside many other leading social justice activists joining us from around the globe via Skype:
- A. Breeze Harper (diversity strategist and analyst with Critical Diversity Solutions and founder of the Sistah Vegan Project)
- Demetrius ‘Producer’ Bagley (producer of award-winning documentary Vegucated)
- Sarah K. Woodcock (founder and executive director of The Advocacy of Veganism Society)
- Will Tuttle PhD (author of The World Peace Diet)
- Katrina Fox (author of Vegan Ventures: Start and Grow an Ethical Business, and media & business coach from Vegan Business Media)
- Robert Grillo (director of Free From Harm)
plus many others…
A trio of dynamic and innovative vegan chefs will also be performing cookery demos at the festival.
They include: vegan catering company Shambhu’s founder Nishma Shah, vegan food bloggers Tomi Makanjuola (a.k.a. Vegan Nigerian) and vegan blogger and TV Presenter Kirly-Sue.
Away from the talks and educational components, you can also enjoy a huge collection of food from across the globe from altogether 20 caterers, all 100% vegan, showing the universality of vegan food right now. The feast on offer ranges from sushis, pad thais, Chinese stir-fries, to Caribbean stews, Indian curries and dosas and many more!
The VegfestUK organisers added,
“Our events have always been very inclusive and we’re lucky to live and work in some really tolerant and evolved communities in the UK. We’re very happy as an event to host such a wide diversity of hugely talented and influential speakers and caterers from around the globe.”
Taking place on October 22nd 23rd 2016 at Olympia London (West & Central Halls at Levels 1 & 3), VegfestUK London combines excellent food, shopping, information, entertainment and socialising all under one roof.
In addition to the Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference on the Sunday and caterers, the whole event consists of 250 stalls, plus a Vegan Athletes Summit on the Saturday, a Vegan Health Summit, a Vegan Activists Summit, a Mature Zone, a Teen Zone, cookery demos, a living raw zone, on top of standup comedy, music, kids activities and more!
Admission is by both advance tickets and tickets on the gate. Advance ticket sales begin from August 1st 2016 at www.london.vegfest.co.uk/ticket-info, with tickets priced at £12 for adults and £8 for concessions, plus small booking and transaction fees. Limited amounts of advance tickets are available on BUY ONE GET ONE FREE and BUY ONE GET ONE HALF PRICE. Tickets on the gate are priced at £15 for adults and £10 for concessions (subject to availability).
For more info, visit the event website www.london.vegfest.co.uk, or follow VegfestUK on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @VegfestUK.
VegfestUK London 2016 is kindly sponsored by:
Bute Island Foods
Koko Dairy Free
A Well-Fed World