West London Business (WLB) has a turnover of c.£370k per annum and a staff team of 6 FTE, supported by a network of associates. Download our Annual Review 2018-19.
Key recent impact areas, where our role is either lead advocate or to work in close partnership/ support other advocates, are:
- Orbital rail connectivity in Mayor’s new transport strategy.
- Heathrow 3rd runway backed by Government and Parliament.
- Supporting Cycle superhighway 9.
- Failed power supply to key business cluster brought back on stream with increased resilience.
- Fast broadband investment by Openreach in Park Royal ‘not spot’.
- Education – secure funding with partners to launch West London Institute of Technology and Mayors Construction Academy West London Hub.
- Green energy – enabling access to lowest possible price on green electricity contracts.
- Greener supply chain – backing £1.6m Better Futures investment in London CleanTech fund for start-ups..
- Industrial – ensuring defence of industrial land is a key policy priority of Mayor.
- Housing crisis – surfacing & sharing best practice employer support.
- Planning consent – input to Borough local plan updates and insight for investors on local priorities to navigate the system.