Since 2015 West London Business’ key recent impacts have been in the following areas, where our role is either lead advocate or to work in close partnership/ support other advocates.
- Orbital rail connectivity in Mayor’s new transport strategy.
- Heathrow 3rd runway backed by Government and Parliament.
- Supporting Cycle superhighway 9.
- Failed power supply to key business cluster brought back on stream with increased resilience.
- Fast broadband investment by Openreach in Park Royal ‘not spot’.
- Education – working to mobilise investment in work experience.
- Green energy – enabling access to lowest possible price on green electricity contracts.
- Greener supply chain – backing £1.6m Better Futures investment in London CleanTech fund for start-ups..
- Industrial – ensuring defence of industrial land is a key policy priority of Mayor.
- Housing crisis – surfacing & sharing best practice employer support.
- Planning consent – insight on local priorities to navigate the system.