Rushlight Show 2020
The 11th Rushlight Show, kindly sponsored by Innovate UK, BEIS, Flanders Investment & Trade, Carbon Limiting Technologies, Granted Consultancy, Venner Shipley and London South Bank University is taking place on Thursday 30 January 2020 at Church House Westminster, Deans Yard, Westminster, London, SW1P 3NZ. It is the leading event for cleantech companies and sustainable solutions to meet investors and financiers, corporate customers, government departments, advisers and intermediaries in the heart of London.
The event highlights are:
- The Innovation Showcase of the Cleantech Conference, with 40 companies presenting their latest cleantech and sustainability innovations to an audience of investors, corporate ventures and potential partners.
- The Sustainable Solutions Market Panel, where organisations present their market-ready products and services directly to a panel and audience of leading sustainability and procurement representatives from UK organisations who are seeking to further their supply chain sustainability and resilience.
- The Innovate UK and BEIS Showcases in the Exhibition, together with the poster exhibition, amounting to over 100 of the latest innovations in cleantech and sustainability.
- UK Energy breakfast seminar, which will set out: What Net Zero by 2050 means for UK Energy & Fuels. This is a must attend event for anyone with an interest in UK power generation, the energy market, transport systems and fuels.
- The Resourceful Conference, in association with LCRN and the Circular Economy Club, which is the market place for the development of the circular economy, with a major opportunity for solutions providers and intermediaries to present to investors, local authorities, government and corporates eager to engage in this space.
- A cooked breakfast, lunch and networking opportunities throughout the day.
The total audience for the whole event is expected to exceed 500 and will include cleantech senior management, investors, advisers, corporate customers, sustainability professionals, local authorities, community reuse businesses, trade associations, media and other consultants specialising in the various sectors.
Full event details are available at www.rushlightevents.com/rushlight-show. With delegate places for the whole Show starting at £85/ £110/ £160 plus VAT, this event is designed to be both informative and exceptional value for money. If you wish to attend just the UK Energy Breakfast Seminar element of the day, the cost is £45 plus VAT, whereas the breakfast event is free for those registered for the whole day. Registration for all aspects of the event is HERE.
Companies interested in presenting in the Innovation Showcase, to the Sustainable Solutions Market Panel or to the Resourceful Conference panel of investors, circular economy customers and local authorities merely have to register as a delegate(s) and then apply for one of the remaining slots.
Delegates for the Rushlight Show can obtain an attractive discount to attend the Rushlight Awards Party which takes place in the evening after the Show at the same venue.
Mentoring opportunity for women in sustainability
Last month the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) launched LEAP in partnership with Spanish business school ESADE. LEAP is a new education project, aiming to help women to senior positions in their companies so that they can embed sustainability across the spectrum of corporate strategies.
Companies can participate by proposing a female manager and a senior mentor from another organisation (for example Chair, CEO, CFO etc). This mentorship enables members to understand gender issues between companies. The programme takes place between October 2020 and March 2021. Mentees will get 12 hours of commitment and three face-to-face academic weeks:
- March 2020 – a targeted sustainability program at Yale University in New Haven, USA
- June 2020 – a general management week at ESADE Business School in Madrid, Spain
- October 2020 – a third week at the WBCSD Council Meeting in Tokyo, Japan.
Ellen MacArthur Foundation – New Plastic Economy initiative
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation is delivering on its New Plastic Economy initiative; an initiative to invigorate businesses and governments to get behind a more positive vision for circular economy for plastics.
If your product or service fits within plastics and circular economy, check out the initiative and see if you can get involved and keep up-to-date with their progress.
For information about Better Futures in West London email email@example.com – visit https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/better-futures-growing-londons-low-carbon-cleantech-businesses