The Kickstart Scheme is helping young people at risk of long term unemployment get into the job market by providing government funding for employers to create 6 month long work placements. These placements are for 16-24 year olds who are on Universal Credit and at risk of long term unemployment. The job placements should support the participants to develop the skills and experience they need to find work after completing the scheme.
Funding is available to cover 25 hours a week for 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions. There is also £1,500 per job placement available for setup costs, support and training.
How to apply?
- Funding is available following a successful application process.
- As a ‘Kickstart Gateway’ organisation West London Business makes it easy for employers to access the scheme and benefit from young talent, as well as helping to give our young people’s careers a kickstart during this difficult time for the economy.
- We have had 245+ placements approved by DWP so far and are taking bids for placements from both new employers, as well as employers already on the scheme wanting to offer additional placements.
- Our scheme supports the development of young people’s employability and job specific skills whilst on Kickstart placements: this is done with our partners Action West London, Spark! and West London colleges.
- Suitable placements can be home based due to the pandemic – please ask us to email you our short guide to delivering successful home-based placements.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for Kickstart placements or for further information..