HSBC UK announces a package of support for customers as they tackle the financial impact of Covid-19.
For business customers, the Bank has:
- allocated £5bn from HSBC UK’s £14bn SME Lending Fund to help businesses that need support
- asked relationship managers to proactively contact customers to see what help their businesses need
- launched a helpline to support any customer queries (08000 121 614, open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday).
In addition, HSBC UK will also consider:
- Offering repayment holidays to free up cash within businesses
- Reviewing overdrafts or trade loans to allow stock to be held for longer
- Providing trade finance solutions to support customers with their supply chains.
Ian Stuart, CEO, HSBC UK, said: “We know that the finances of some customers will be affected by Covid-19, so we have created this range of support measures to help them through these uncertain times.
“We’re encouraging our personal and business customers to contact us if they are concerned about their finances so we can help find the most appropriate solution for their individual circumstances.”
HSBC UK is working closely with the Government and UK Finance to identify emerging issues and make sure customers and businesses have the advice and support they need.
For tips and advice for businesses around planning for any possible disruption, visit WLB’s Coronavirus Preparedness Hub.