Inspirational actions as the business community responds to Coronavirus
These are some of the inspirational actions that the West London Business team has spotted in response to coronavirus. If you see a great idea for business action that should be shared, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANCHOR REMOVALS from Salford are offering to collect weekly shops or supplies for local people unable to leave their homes and deliver it free of charge.
- 58 GIN, BREWDOG and PYSCHOPOMP MICROBREWERY have re-purposed their commercial alcohol supplies to create sanitiser gels.
- BROMPTON BIKE HIRE are offering free hire for NHS workers. Brompton are also raising funds to provide up to 1000 bikes to support NHS staff to travel for free during the COVID-19 pandemic. Donations from the public and corporate sponsors will mean the bikes can be produced below cost price, and loaned directly to healthcare workers via the Brompton Bike Hire network. This will allow them to get to work without public transport.
- FRAME are offering NHS workers, teachers, carers, the police force, military, delivery workers and anyone else who is working tirelessly to keep everyone safe and the economy ticking over free access to their FRAME ONLINE on-demand classes from this Tuesday – email email@example.com to find out more.
- MICROSOFT is making its Minecraft educational worlds available free, to help pupils no longer able to attend school because of the coronavirus pandemic. The 12 digital lessons will be available to download until the end of June.
- WLB member Joslyn Hill Communications is making its crisis communications team available to all non-profit organisations that require communications support on a pro bono basis.
- Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £20 million in innovation projects. UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £20 million to respond to new and urgent needs in UK and global communities during and following the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you are in search of commuity groups, including food banks, needing business support at this time we have developed a West London community action resource.