QUICK LINKS: HS2 | Power supply | Broadband | Transport | More industrial space | Great Place Scheme
The voice for Park Royal businesses
Park Royal Business Group (PRBG) is a membership body that provides the businesses of Europe’s leading industrial and commercial estate with a strong voice.
Park Royal, home to more than 2,000 businesses and over 40,000 jobs, is a major economic contributor to London and the wider UK economy. It’s a centre of excellence for a number of sectors ranging from food & beverages to the creative industries, and includes both global brands and thriving SMEs.
PRBG was launched in early 2014 as a forum for businesses to meet, discuss issues and interact with councils, MPs, law enforcement and other relevant parties. We achieve this through a programme, built around three key pillars:
- Business Support & Advice — our Members’ Area provides PRBG members with an online repository of Park Royal-specific resources. We also host seminars and fairs with partners where businesses can access tangible assistance E.g. a Skills Fair, providing ready access to education and training providers
- Hot Topic Summits — we run roundtable discussions for businesses to share their views, gain knowledge and form a collective voice on issues having a particular impact within Park Royal — e.g., our Infrastructure Summit engages HS2, Transport for London and Openreach.
- Accessing Public Bodies — we connect businesses with a variety of public bodies through information sessions, consultations and surgeries — e.g. Ealing and Brent Councils, the Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC), Transport for London (TfL), the Greater London Authority (GLA), Hs2, Crossrail and the local police.
- Sector Forums and Park Royal Informals — we facilitate discussion and networking amongst stakeholders of individual industries e.g., our Food Group, including both manufacturers and the extended food industry value chain, as well as Park Royal Informals, typically at the CoClub on the first Thursday of each month.
PARK ROYAL NEWS
On the 30th March this year, West London Business were successful in getting the EU duty of 6.3% on PPE reduced to nil when Rupa Huq MP for Ealing Central and Acton lobbied on their and Wrapology’s behalf to lift the levy on face masks imported from China. But this...Read More »
• The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme remains open until October.
• It’s reported 8.9 million employees have been put on the scheme, but as the cost burden gradually shifts to employers it’s feared redundancies will rise.
• There are other solutions before redundancy which may preserve jobs to the benefit of the...Read More »
Sustrans would like to connect directly with West London businesses to find out how ready they are for their employees to return to work, particularly as commuters are encouraged to walk and cycle wherever possible. Issues such as storage, more cycle racks, security and safety are all being looked at...Read More »
Park Royal business Eurofins Food Testing UK Ltd would like to help fellow PRBG members should questions arise in the coming weeks related to COVID testing.
The last few months have caused a great deal of uncertainty for all businesses and their employees. Their aim has been to leverage the technical...Read More »
Older Entries »
Employees everywhere are currently adjusting to completely new ways of working whether furloughed, working from home or still going into the workplace, with different concerns around their health and well-being, performance expectations, financial security, job security etc.
In this climate the risk of higher anxiety and increased sickness absence, lower productivity...Read More »