The Queen’s Award for Enterprise
The Queen’s Award for Enterprise was established in 1965 and is the most prestigious business award for British companies.
The awards are made in four categories:
- Sustainable Development
- International Trade
- Promoting opportunity through social mobility
Applications are welcomed from:
- Any UK-based business with two or more full-time equivalent UK employees;
- Established businesses with a minimum of 2 or 3 years’ trading figures (depending on the Award category);
- Businesses with evidence of substantial, continuous growth and commercial success over the entry period;
- Businesses from all sectors and sizes.
There were 670 applications nationally for the 2015-16 round, from which 254 awards were made. The top three regions were the South East (49), the North West (35) and Greater London (34).
95% of the winners were small and medium sized enterprises. 55% of applications were from the manufacturing sector.
Applications are made on-line at: www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise
Applications for the current round are open from 21 April to 1 September 2018.
A list of last year’s winners will be found at: www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/61907/supplement/S1