Driving and Work: The Law
We have teamed up with EmployAssist HR to bring you a training course on the unforeseen risks of business driving.
Designed for anybody with direct or indirect fleet responsibility, this course will provide an overview on the legislation that deals with an employer’s ‘Duty of Care’ for employees driving on company business.
This course will cover:
- Understanding the Key Legislation
- Liability for ‘Grey Fleet’ (Employee-Owned Vehicles)
- The Problem Areas for Business (including driver licences, insurance and poor driving)
- Devising a Robust Road Safety Policy
- Monitoring Policy Compliance
- The Benefits of Driver Risk Profiling, Driver Training and Promoting a Safe Driver Culture
- Using Technology to Reduce the Burden of Administering the Car Fleet
Employers have the same duty of care under health and safety law for staff who drive their own vehicles for work (‘grey fleet’) as they do for employees who operate company-owned, leased or hired vehicles. This legislation applies to every fleet in the UK from small employee owned fleets through to company owned fleets.
How to Book
To book your place on one of our courses please contact Jasmin Bice by email or call 01279 712538 as soon as possible as places are strictly limited.