Role Description – Volunteer Information & Research Officers / Knowledge Manager (Home-based)
West London Business – Coronavirus Advice Helpline
The primary purpose of these roles (experience dependent) is to create and maintain a web-based knowledgebase of information on business support available during/ as a result of the coronavirus crisis – and help others to use it.
It is envisaged this will involve:
1. Regular scanning of relevant government and trade/business organisation sponsored
• emails received by WLB
2. Creating easily accessible digests of information sources. Summarising the information in Plain English and providing web links to original sources. This information may change day by day.
3. Building a coronavirus resources knowledge bank/ FAQs micro-website to assist the delivery of the service.
4. Supporting the front-line business advice volunteers (taking and making calls to businesses) with this knowledge bank. E.g. Support with follow-up to emails in/out from small and medium businesses in West London about grants and government support and business change during the current economic crisis.
5. Identifying examples of grant applications to help businesses fast track.
6. Liaising with those handling complex enquiries.
Additional for Knowledge manager volunteer role:
7. Maintaining records and statistics relating to the service.
8. Manage commissioning of translation of headline advice into multiple languages.
9. Reviewing and evaluation of the service after 6 months.
Qualifications and experience
This role requires at least graduate level education and will have considerable online research/ knowledge management experience in one or more related fields as well as dexterity with IT. A background in social sciences/ economics/ business information is relevant.
Good research, information, organisation, numerical, analytical, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Willingness to adapt in a hurry to less than perfect software and other resources essential. Ability to deal confidently with people at all levels.
Volunteers will need a working space in their home, a laptop/desktop computer, familiarity with spreadsheets, to feel reasonably confident with IT, and have an internet connection.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following background information only (no CVs please):
Job Title in the last 5 years:
Responsibilities last 5 years: